A typical example of this subject is Moses and the Israelites. The Bible says they wandered in the desert for 40 years making an eleven day journey.
According to Joyce Meyer in one of her personal experiences with God in the past, God spoke to my heart and said, “The children of Israel spent forty years in the wilderness because they had a wilderness mentality as a wrong mindset. Like the Israelites, our wrong mindsets can keep us dealing with the same problems, never truly making any progress.
Here are 10 wrong mindsets to avoid…
- Everyone else is better off than I am
- My future is determined by my past and present
- It’s not my fault
- It’s too hard
- My life is so miserable- I feel sorry for myself
- I’m addicted to complaining
- Somebody do it for me
- I don’t deserve God’s blessings
- Don’t make me wait- I deserve everything immediately
- I’m going to do it my way or not at all.
Think This: I am unique and special. God loves me, and He has a wonderful, personalized plan for my life.