So yesterday i was privileged to interview one of Nollywood’s finest and fast upcoming actress “Omobolanle Pius” aka Mobola as she is fondly called. She is gaining fast fame in the Nigerian movie industry and soon to the world.
Ladies and Gentlemen, i give you Mobola.
1. Tell us a bit about your background, school, and Where were you born?
My name is omobolanle pius, half Yoruba half edo, born in Lagos Nigeria, graduate of unilag, and studied sociology.
2. How was life growing up?
Having lost my dad at a tender age, and my mama always ringing what we should do and shouldn’t do into our ears made us focus, then it was school, home and church.
3. At what age in your life did you decide you wanted to go into the entertainment and lifestyle?
I have always been a drama queen lol, i remembered how my Mum use to spank me whenever I wear her over sized heels at age 8, she said I would tie gele and stand in front of the mirror doing the madam kofo thingy. After secondary school I told my Mum I would really love to go into acting but she said I should finish my studies first. At age 17 I knew I was going to go into entertainment.
Me: Yea! i remember Madam kofo LOL!
4. How do you cope joggling in between scripts from different movie role?
I am very selective when it comes to movie roles, I take my time, I do not want to be everywhere making meaningless movies, so I always take my time .
5. Is being an actress a burden or a blessing or a bit of both?
Being an actress is a big blessing and I will always thank God for such opportunity, it has opened so many doors for me And I am grateful.
6. What challenged have you had as an upcoming actress in the movie industry?
Having to act with super stars, A list actors/actresses , I remembered the first time I acted with sir Olu Jacobs, I must tell you I had cold feet, at a point I couldn’t utter a word, I was just staring at him.
Me: That man is a legend. A good point for you..
7. In your opinion, what is the most difficult part when shooting a movie?
Picture quality, Sound and Audio.
8. What’s the weirdest thing a fan has ever told you?
Spend the night with me And I will give you a blank check.
Me: That person was so blunt and straight to the point. Naija Men!!! What was your reaction??
I was blunt with him also. He should take a hike!!! lol..
9. Your acting confident is so bold, do you sometimes have the fear of the unknown when you on set?
No! Not at all, I even get compliments from my colleagues telling me I have a unique way of delivering my lines and all that.
10. Which other professional actor/actress are you looking to work with or have something coming out with?
RMD- Richard Mofe Damijo.
11. If you had a chance to work with one person in the world, who would it be?
Tyler Perry. He is a legend.
Me: I definitely agree with you.
12. What are your top 3 points in your note or pad that you always reflect on?
God over everything, Do your best and leave the rest, and be inspired to do more for people.
13. What motivates you?
Whenever my mama says she’s proud of me, that motivates me .
14. What are some things that you would like to accomplish but not in view yet in your career?
To have a film school.
15. What advice would you give to unmotivated and non inspired people around the world. Please explain???
Always give in you best, and whatever is worth doing at all is worth doing well.
16. What’s next for Mobola?
I have a new project I am working on, and also a TV talk show called “my star web TV” watch out for that.
We appreciate your time with us, sharing your story and experience. We look forward to having you back in the nearest future, and also more movies to your credit.
- The temptation
- The baron
- You and I
If you want to engage with us by sharing your experience and life issues with us. You can always send us a mail or comment below.